Merkle Science is a blockchain data analysis company. We provide blockchain transaction monitoring and intelligence solutions for crypto asset service providers, financial institutions and government agencies to detect, investigate and prevent money laundering, terrorist financing and other criminal activities.
Founded in 2018, the team comes with a combined experience across for Luno, Paypal, Bank of America and Instamojo. We are headquartered in Singapore with presence in London & Bangalore. We're funded by Digital Currency Group, Bitmex Ventures, Kenetic, Lunex, and SGInnovate. For more information, you can also visit our website, Medium, or LinkedIn pages.
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Build modular, reusable components and features.
- Support and nurture front end real-time feeds and APIs to ensure that data renders with little delay.
- Integrate third party systems via APIs.
- Focus on rendering performance in order to ensure superior experience for a heavy interaction platform.
- Continuously work to bolster front-end design and implementation processes in order to improve quality and efficiency.
- Actively participate in weekly code reviews.
- Collaborate on a daily basis with a small, nimble team of product managers, engineers, and UX designers to understand business requirements and user experience goals and pain points.
- 4+ years of experience as a Front-end Developer
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Proficient understanding of client-side scripting and frontend frameworks such as React.js, Vue.js
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Excellent communication skills